Sunday, March 24, 2013

Weekend Recap

It's been a fun weekend.
John and I went our for pizza and a few beers on Friday.
We went to Shooters and were pleasantly surprised to find out that the Van Eskes were playing.
The Van Eskes are a band of older musicians that play our favorite kind of music, the oldies.
They only play until 10:30 so all of the old folk who were there could get home.
As I looked around at the crowd, I said to John, "These people are all so old."
Never mind that they are all about our age or a bit older.
I just never feel as old as my birthday tells me I am supposed to be.
At any rate, our pizza was yummy and the beers went down easily.
 
On Saturday we had a shopping day.
We started out at Northwestern Publishing House where we purchased a few items for school and then found a few nice things for the girls.
After that we hit up a Goodwill Store in Waukesha where we found a few items that we just could not live without especially at that price.
I was actually there looking for props for the play at St. John's but I did not have any luck on that front.
One of the best purchases was a table and two chairs for the girls.  They are the same blue tables and chairs that we used at Mary Linsmeier.  Sweet memories in those tables and chairs.  I know Soli and Tiz will enjoy them.
 
Then we headed to Kohl's where I found some purple walking shoes as well as two new shirts and some jewelry.
John also found some bright polo shirts for spring.
 
Then it was on to Best Buy where we purchased a laptop for John.
When we got home he was happily finding his way around the new Windows 8.
 
Today my kids marched into church waving their palm branches.
They sang two songs and made me so proud!
It always amazes me that those little kids can do such a wonderful job when they sing in church.
 
We cleaned the basement, getting it ready for Easter and that was the end of a very nice weekend.
Only three and a half days this week.
Those days will be full of Easter fun and I hope they go quickly so we get to the weekend when I get to celebrate Easter with everybody! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should take part in a contest for one of the best websites
on the internet. I'm going to highly recommend this blog!

my weblog ... bmi calculator for women

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails