Monday, November 25, 2013

Handmade for the Holidays

Last Saturday Pam Wilke and I went to Handmade for the Holidays in Oshkosh.
This is the craft show that Courtney and many of her crafting friends are part of each November and February.
Pam and I went last year and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves so I was so happy when she suggested we go again.
This year we left a little earlier so we would be assured of a gift bag that goes to the first fifty craft goers.
We did indeed receive one of the bags, it was filled with lots of coupons to use at the show and a few other little handmade items.
The show itself is so nice because it is an upscale show, not a typical craft show.
The items are all beautifully made and displayed in such unique, fun ways.
Both Pam and I bought a number of items from different venders.
Courtney's display was awesome as usual.
Pam and I had our picture taken with Santa just like last year and then Soliana and Tizita joined us for a Santa photo and lunch at Becket's.
I cannot say enough about how good the girls were at our lady's lunch.
They were on their best behavior and so polite.
I was a proud grandma.
After lunch, I dropped them off at the bar in Becket's where Paul was watching football.
Pam and I headed over to another craft show at an elementary school in Oshkosh.
It was one of those typical craft shows with lots of junkie cheap items.
It did not compare to Courtney's show.
Then we spent over an hour in Hobby Lobby.
It was so much fun to look around at all the treasures and purchase more than a few items.
A quick stop at Goodwill and we headed back to Watertown to have pizza delivered to Pam's condo.
It was a fun day full of friendship and conversation.
Pam and I had a period when life got in the way of our friendship, no one's fault, just our lives took us in different directions.
I am sorry that I was not there for some of her most difficult times when she lost not only her grandson, but her husband as well, but we don't dwell on that.
We just reconnected and picked up right where we left off and I am thankful to God everyday for bringing us back together.
We hope to make this craft show an annual event .


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails