Tuesday, November 19, 2013

My New Teacher Aid

Since Tizita did not have school last Monday, she came along with Soliana and worked as my teacher aid for the day.
Here are my two little sweethearts during Jesus circle.
 
 Our Bible story was Joshua and the Wall of Jericho.
I asked Tizita to be my photographer and she got some nice photos of me and the kids, a rare occurrence since I usually have to take the pictures and cannot be in them, so thanks, Tiz.


 Tizita also cleaned up the wall of Jericho after it fell down.
 Then during project time, Tizita was in charge of putting the glue on the kids' papers.
Unfortunately, I had forgotten how much Tiz loves her glue so
 some of the papers had a bit too much glue on them.
 Soliana had work to do, too.
Since she only attends one day per week, there is much for her to do on that one day to make up all the things she missed out on.
 Here she is painting her big turkey tail.
 Tizita did have some free time.
She was, of course, crafting things.
Here she is showing me how to make a book out of a paper bag.
 Here are the girls ready for a story.
Shortly after this photo, I took a second to get the book I was about to read and when I turn around here is what I am seeing:
 I find this scene so silly.
First of all, it looks to me like Tizita is disgusted with the whole situation.
Soli is smiling for the camera.
Not one other child is even looking at me, in fact most are facing the wrong way.
Some days I wonder how I do it day after day.
I somehow managed to get their attention and they did enjoy the book.
 Finally, we played our band instruments.
It was a busy, fun day.
I asked Tiz to quit first grade and come and work for me.
At last check, she was weighing her options.
This is Tizita after six hours of hair styling by her mama.
She now has yarn extensions in her hair.
I cannot wait to see this style in person this weekend.
I think she is the most beautiful little six year old ever!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails