Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A Polar Vortex and A Birthday

We have been in the midst of what the weathermen are calling a Polar Vortex for the past two days.
Schools have been cancelled all over the Midwest due to this Vortex.
Facebook is full of people experimenting with blowing bubbles and throwing hot water into the cold air.
I tried the bubbles and it was a huge failure, but I have seen FB pictures of successes with the frozen bubbles that look like glass balls.  Maybe using the bubble gun was not the best idea.  I did not try the hot water throw but that looked pretty cool on people's videos, too.
I did freeze some colorful ice cubes and make a suncatcher, but that is still out frozen in a cake pan.  I will have to check on that later.
Now I am done with this so called Polar Vortex and ready to go back to school.

Now on to some other news.
34 years ago today, I had a baby girl, my second.
It was a very snowy day, but there was no Polar Vortex that day.
She arrived, delivered by a nurse, with a head full of beautiful reddish hair.
Her birth story is on this blog more than once, so if you are interested in it, just go back to this date in past Januarys.  You do this by going to the sidebar and clicking on the year and month you want.
If I knew how to put a link right here to those past posts, I would do that, but I can't figure it out.
At any rate, here are some of my photos of Alissa in honor of her birthday:
Well, scratch that, I can't load any pictures today, so I will just close with this.
I scanned lots of photos today, too.
I will try to upload them another time.
At any rate, Happy Birthday to my daughter, Alissa!
Tomorrow we go back to school.
I must say I am ready to get back because today I was at my wit's end.







No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails