Sunday, January 12, 2014

Ice Skating with Tiz





We just got back from a fun filled weekend in Oshkosh.
I asked Courtney if she and Paul didn't want to go out on Saturday night so John and I  could come and babysit.
I really wanted to spend time with the girls.  I wanted to play with their new Christmas gifts and I wanted to try out my new, slightly used ice skates that Tiz wanted me to buy and use with her.
I was afraid the winter would be gone before we ever had a chance to skate.
Luckily, Courtney and Paul agreed to go out to a movie and dinner, why wouldn't they, really?
We started out by ice skating on Lake Winnebago.
When I first stepped out on the ice, I was nervous that I wouldn't remember how to ice skate and that I would fall down.
It didn't help that as soon as I stepped off the bench out onto the ice, I fell on my butt.
But, just like riding a bike, I guess one never forgets how to ice skate.
I started out slowly, but then it got easier.
Okay, neither of us are ready for the Olympics, but we did a pretty good job out there.
I love that I, as a 60 year old grandma was able to share ice skating with Tizita.
I love ice skating as a child and teen ager and I am glad she is going to be able to enjoy it, too.
 After our skating adventure, we took the girls to Glass Nickel for our favorite pizza and nickel nuggets.
Soli fell asleep on the way to the restaurant and she slept through our entire dinner, by the time we got home, she was ready to go.
We had fun painting with the girls.
While Soli painted she never took her little hand off of Grandpa's arm, it was beyond cute.
After some art projects, Tiz wanted to put together a graham cracker house from a kit she had gotten.
When we opened the box all the crackers were broken into small pieces.
We did the best we could to put that thing together.
We had a lot of laughs even though it looks like a disaster relief housing project.
It did taste good though.
Today we all went to church after enjoying donuts that grandpa got for us.
Then we had a nice lunch at Caramel Crisp and took a hike to enjoy the warm, balmy weather.

 There was lots of snowball fighting going on as we walked along the trail.



After the hike, it was time for us to head home.
The weekend was everything I hoped it would be and then some.
We are blessed!
Before I end this post, I wanted to post a few pictures of the first time we took our girls skating on the river near out house.

And if I could locate it, I would post the picture of the first time I skated on this same river with my dad.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails