Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Deep Freeze, Singing, Healthy Eating, and Flowers in the Attic

The Deep Freeze
We are in the midst of the coldest winter that I can remember.
There is no school again for tomorrow due to the extreme cold.
There is a good chance that school will be cancelled on Tuesday as well.
It is also snowing and blowing in the midst of this cold.
I know that there will be a spring followed by summer.
I hope I do not complain about the heat this summer because boy, could I use a little of it right now.

Singing
My Preschoolers sang in church today for Education Sunday.
We sang "Walking with Jesus" and "Jesus loves Me."
Even though about 12 of my students were missing due to the weather, the ones who were there did a great job and sang from their hearts.
Soli was going to come and sing today with us, but with the snowing, blowing, and cold, she stayed home.

Healthy Eating
I started walking with Leslie Sandstone again.
I have to do something about all the weight I gained over the holidays and there is no time like the present, so I started with walking to the tape.
I also started looking up recipes for healthy desserts and I found three of them that I tried today.
First, I had to go to Walmart and buy some of the products that I don't have around the house since I am not usually baking healthy things.
I found and bought wheat flour, flaxseed, natural peanut butter, pure maple syrup, honey, a variety of nuts, craisins, oatmeal, almond milk, and bananas.
I, then, proceeded to make three different recipes without a pinch of sugar in any of them.
One is just bananas, oatmeal, and chocolate chips.  It is a very tasty cookie,
One has almond milk, applesauce, oatmeal, bananas, craisins, and pecans.
That one is a granola bar.
The last one has peanut butter, honey, oatmeal, chocolate chips, and a few other more normal ingredients, but no sugar.
I like that one the best because it is the sweetest with all that honey.
I have lost five pounds but I still have a ways to go by spring, if it ever gets here.

Flowers in the Attic
A few years ago, I read as many books by V.C. Andrews that I could get my hands on.
It all started with her first book, "Flowers in the Attic."
I was so excited to see that the movie was going to be on TV.
John, my mom, and I all watched it last night.
My mom and I had read the book and we both agreed that the movie was no where as good as the book.  In fact, they left out big important parts of the book.  So much so that John had a hard time following parts of the movie, not having read the book.
So, it was a bit of a disappointment after such excitement to watch it, but that is the way it is with books made into movies sometimes.

So, there you have it.
Just a few things that are on my mind tonight.
Stay warm everyone.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails