Sunday, March 23, 2014

My Spring Break comes to an end

Today I am taking in my last day of my spring break.
It feels nothing like spring out there in the 30 degree, wind chill of 15 degree weather, but it was spring break none the less.
The days went so quickly.
They were filled with wonderful times with Soli, Tiz, and Courtney.
I spent Wed till Friday up in Oshkosh and then they came to Watertown until today.
So much precious time spent with them and so many happy memories being made.
It was the perfect way to spend my spring break.
Here are some photos and a few of my favorite memories.
On Wednesday, we picked Tiz up from school and she chose to have a treat at Caramel Crisp.
The girls each had a big cookie, some yogurt, and then they finished up with a lollipops.
It was the beginning of five days with too much sugar, if there is such a thing.
On Thursday, I spent the entire day organizing the playroom and the girls' bedrooms.
What started out as cleaning/organizing one closet turned into a much bigger project, but it was fun.
Soliana played right alongside me as I did the cleaning.  I actually think she thought we were playing the entire time.
At one point while playing babies, she said she was going out to the store.
I asked her how she was getting there and she said she would just ride her donkey.
Her donkey is actually a horse clothes pole and she sat right down on it with her babies and rode to the store.
Now, I realize this doesn't sound very funny to anyone reading here, but it was funny to me.
Soli is just so cute and her expressions are priceless.
I just really wanted to remember this story in years to come.
After we picked Tiz up from school, we came home to celebrate Natnael's birthday.
Courtney bought a big chocolate cupcake and we shared it while we talked about their brother who they as well as myself had never met.
Courtney had an event to attend that evening, so I was in charge of getting the girls to bed at a decent hour.
We watched Night at the Museum and then I started the bedtime ritual which was not helped by the viewing of a rather intense movie chosen by Tiz and Courtney.
I was successful and both girls were out by 8:30.
On Friday, Courtney, Soli, and I had a ladies' lunch at Red Robin followed by some shopping.
Frozen and Easter dresses were purchased at Target.
After picking Tiz up from school, we came to Watertown for the rest of the spring break.
On Friday night my mom, John, Courtney, the girls and I went to Blue Moon Pizza in Lake Mills.  Such yummy pizza and the kiddy cocktails were the best according to the girls.
We came home to all watch Frozen together and then we called it a night.
On Saturday, John, Soli, and I went shopping at Aldi and Walmart.
We had so much fun with Soli.
On the way out, she wanted to ride the pony and the elephant rides, which we did.
I wish I would have had the camera to document that happy face,  As John says, it was the best $1.00 ever spent.
After that, Courtney, the girls and I went over to St. John's.
I had some things to get ready for school tomorrow and the girls always enjoy playing in my room.
We ended up in the gym which was really fun.
We rode scooters, played basketball, and hula hooped.




When we got home, we braved the elements and got the Escalade out and took it for a spin around the block.




After our spin, we enjoyed popsicles.
We watched some more movies and then on Sunday, it was church and Culver's for lunch.
That brings us to now.
I wish I had taken more photos, I am usually always shooting pictures, but this time I spent more time in the moment which is nice sometimes, too.
So, girls, thanks for a great, fun filled spring break.
It was the best ever.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails