Sunday, March 16, 2014

Weekend Recap

My spring break started on Friday, yes, I am in need of a break from school,
Spring break comes at just the right time for me.
On Friday night, Alissa arrived to start our weekend.
She, my mom, John, and I went to Bismark's for beers and dinner.
Ended our evening at Firecracker for a few more pitchers of beer.
On Saturday we (Alissa, my mom, John and I) left for Oshkosh to celebrate Courtney and Paul's birthdays with goody boxes and ice cream cake.
The ladies all went to Neenah to check out Vinitique, the Boutique where Courtney sells some of her crocheted items and is a featured artist.
This is Courtney wearing one of her skirts.
As you can see, the same skirt is in the window.
We all really enjoyed the boutique, especially the vintage items and clothing.
After shopping we went to a ladies' lunch at The Green Pour House.
We all enjoyed some yummy food and wonderful conversation with lots of laughs.


After lunch we headed back to Oshkosh, joined the men who had their lunch at Mahoney's.
Goody box opening and ice cream cake followed.




Paul did have to finish his cake under the table because he talked while he was eating it and that is not allowed in this family.
We  have all spent time under the table.

The girls got to enjoy their time with Auntie Alissa.
 Alissa brought along some Robin Egg candy that she and the girls painted with edible markers.
We all enjoyed those tasty eggs.
After the birthday fun at the Van Aukens, we went over the hotel where John, my mom, the girls, and I would be staying.
Paul and John enjoyed some time in the pool with the girls.


 After swimming we went to Cranky Pat's for pizza and beer.
There was a St. Patrick's day parade that we were able to see right from our table.
Alissa, Courtney, and Paul went out for the night while we enjoyed our time with the girls at the hotel.
Just so I don't wonder about this years from now as I read this, Nathan had a late meeting at work so he could not join us, he was missed especially by the girls.


On Sunday\t morning, we got up, enjoyed breakfast in the hotel and then had cheetos and skittles before church.
It was a great weekend full of happy memories.
I love spending time with those little girls as well as my big girls.
This weekend I will be going to Oshkosh for a few days, what a great way to spend my spring break!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails