Sunday, March 9, 2014

Oil Pulling

 Last weekend was such a busy one with our trip to the Museum with Soli, then our GALA event, and finally the circus.
I love a busy weekend especially when it involves our sweet granddaughters.
This weekend we had nothing planned.
I do not do well with nothing, so I tried to fill up our weekend with some activities.
On Friday night, we went to On the Rock for our monthly free pizza and two pitchers of beer.
We rented Catching Fire, the second movie in the Hunger Games series, but both of us fell asleep about ten minutes in, so we decided to wait until Saturday night for the movie viewing.
On Saturday morning we did some shopping.
Always nice to have some shopping therapy when there is nothing else to do.
On Saturday afternoon we went to Willie Gaspar's funeral.
Willie was Vikki's dad and she found him dead on Thursday night.
I had gone to school with Willie.
He was much too young.
Vikki did a wonderful job of eulogizing her dad and the pastor had a great message for all of us.
After the service, we were all invited to Lindberg's for a meal and drinks.
Willie would have enjoyed the party we had for him.
John and I had our wedding at Lindberg's 37 years ago and the place has not changed at all.
Same bathroom decor, same bar, same booths, it is like a step back in time.
On Sunday after church, we did a little more shopping, then I did some baking.
It turned out to be a great weekend full of good times.

Now, on to the oil pulling.
Thanks to one of my FB friends, I learned about something called, "Oil Pulling."
It is really an old remedy.
You just take a tsp. to tbsp. of organic coconut oil and swish it around in your mouth for 20 minutes.
It is supposed to whiten teeth, strengthen gums, freshen breath, relieve headaches and other pains.
I was intrigued by the process so decided to purchase some organic coconut oil and give this oil pulling, or swishing as some people call it, a try.
The hardest part for me is when I first put the oil in my mouth.  I get a little gaggy until it liquifies.
It only takes a little bit to become liquid, so it isn't too bad after that.
I have done it both days while I take my shower and do my hair.
It sure does make my mouth feel clean.
I think I will continue and see if I notice any results.
Coconut oil is really good for so many things including skin care, hair care, and cooking/baking.

 I have been using Young Living Essential Oils for a few years now.
These five are my favorite and cannot say enough about how much they help me.
The peppermint is great for aching muscles and any tummy troubles,
the lavendar is great for any minor cuts and bites,
the joy just makes me feel good all day long,
the purification is perfect for any skin problem, and my favorite is thieves which is great for the immune system.
Now when I add my coconut oil to these products, I should be set as far as keeping myself healthy.
Finally, these are my Inner Defense capsules which I take daily.
Since I started taking these, I have not gotten any sicknesses from my students which is pretty amazing.
There, now you know some of my secrets to staying healthy.
Stay posted to see how the oil pulling goes over time.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails