Thursday, August 13, 2009

Guess who's coming to Preschool?

This post is pretty much for Tizita but anyone else is more than welcome to read it. This year Tizita is going to be coming to my Preschool class one day every other week. I am so excited to be able to be her teacher and help her learn new things and to be able to watch her interact with all the other children. It will be an hour drive one way for her mama, but I guess she feels it is worth it, which of course, it is. Next year when Tizita is officially ready for a three year old program she will attend one in Oshkosh, but for now she will get to experience a little taste of it in my class. I take two year olds up to five year olds, so she will fit right in.
That being said I wanted to share some pictures with Tizita to get her excited about school.
Here is her shoe nametag on my attendance board along with thirty other shoes. As the children come in, they find their shoe and move it up into a big heart with the words, "Walking with Jesus." Hey Tiz, I hope you like the sandal I chose for you. See your friend Laura is right next to you.Here is the heart where all the shoes will end up each day to let us all know who is in school that day.
Here is your crayon which is on one of the bulletin boards. I chose pink for you, hope that is okay.This is the door to the classroom. It has a space shuttle for each student. Yours is up there by the red planet, I suppose it is Mars.See there it is! Flying just above Carlee's an near Aquila's. Both of those girls are about your age and they will be your friends in school.This will be your hook where you will hang your coat and your backpack. That is a little Noah's ark with your name on it.
And last of all, this is a fish and an apple with your name on it. When the children come for registration they will find their fish and apple and put the apple up in the tree and the fish into the pond. Since you won't be here for registration I will do this for you.
I am sure you will have lots of fun in my classroom and I am honored to be your first teacher. I was your mama and Alissa's first teacher, too. I am getting so excited for school to begin again. I am always so happy when the year is over, but now I am ready to take on my new class, so bring 'em on!

3 comments:

Verna said...

How exciting for both of you!

Looks like you have already been putting in lots of work getting your class room ready for the new year.

Happy teaching this year.

Sherri said...

Thanks Verna! It is time to get back to work.

Courtney and Paul said...

Tizita says, "There is a T!!" to just about every thing with her name on it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails