Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A near perfect summer day and other randomness

Just got back from a 4.5 mile walk. The weather today is near perfect as far as I am concerned. Mid seventies, low humidity, light summer breeze and blue skies. I almost think I could have this weather year round if it weren't for my wardrobe which I get sick of and therefore I am always thankful to switch seasons just for different clothes.
I had my ipod all set for my 25 walking tunes and I started out with Kokomo, by the second song, Country Roads, by the way, I thought the battery was losing its charge. I fiddled a bit but wanted to keep up my gait and I can't do both very well. About half way through the walk I thought I would push the little connector in a bit and sure enough Jimmy Buffet was coming through loud and clear. Silly me and my need to study "Ipods for Dummies." Anyway I actually added about a mile on to the usual walk because I was so happy with the music. It put a skip in my step!
On another note: I heard on the news that a woman training for a triathlon had to be pulled out of the lake in Madison and revived. Now in my humble opinion perhaps she should not be participating in that event!
One other random note: If both Christine and Sarah cannot be on the morning news, I am voting that Charlie just do it himself. That square they had sitting in today was awful. I could sense that Charlie was upset, too.
And as we figured St. George Island stood strong through tropical storm Claudette. Way to go SGI, we miss you and cannot wait to visit you again.
And on all of these interesting notes I am signing off...

5 comments:

Verna said...

Yes, it is a very lovely day, and I am stuck behind this desk. I can see outside and see how lovely it is and am wishing I could just simply play hookie this afternoon and go outside and enjoy the weather. sigh :)

Courtney and Paul said...

We're headed out on a bike ride as soon as Tiz is up, so we can enjoy the day some more.

Lissa said...

I was so sad to hear St. George stuck around. That place is a hole! Mayhaps you and Charlie should pack up and move there. He could do the news and you could walk around not knowing how to work an ipod.

Kim said...

Sounds like you had a lovely day. A nice walk with some good tunes always makes a good day.

madj said...

Thank you, Lissa, for keepin' it real. LOL!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails