Friday, August 21, 2009

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is...

This morning when I turned the TV on at 5:30 it was on channel 25. Must have fallen asleep to Project Runway Models last night. Usually I just switch over to Charlie Shortino, channel 5, but something on an infomercial caught my attention and I just had to listen and then, finally order. John was in the bathroom and when he heard what I was listening to, he yelled out, "No, don't even think about it!"
Now, usually I am known for all the exercise machines that I purchase from infomercials. I have purchased the fast trak, the ab doer, some ab chair contraption that left grease on my shirts, a sliding board with little slippers, an eliptical machine, some stair stepping tape with two stools, and countless other tapes. I purchased all these things because they promised to get me down to a size negative whatever and all while I kept eating chocolate. I will say the fast trak actually worked because I used it faithfully everyday while I watched my taped soap opera. The only problem is it was so loud that the TV had to be blaring so that all the neighborhood could hear it.
I sold all these products except some tapes at a rummage sale for pennies on the dollar, but they made room for more things.
I have been tempted by Chuck Norris and his home gym lately so I figured my purchase today was cheaper than purchasing that, right?
So, is your interest peaked?
I mean who wouldn't buy a body shaper that will take 20 lbs. off of you by just slipping it on? Yep, that is what I purchased and by the time I was done with my transaction I will have two, count them, two body shaper tops and two body shaper bottoms one in nude and one in black. I am not new to body shaper either, I have four different ones but none purchased from TV and none promised to take off 20 pounds! I found them to be uncomfortable and all they did was move the bulges around. This shaper is supposed to actually smooth out the bulges especially bra fat! I absolutely hate bra/back fat and if this will make it go away, I am all over it. Buy bigger shirts, you say. Well, I am not ready to give up my tight shirts for bigger, baggier ones quite yet!
The phone call to order the shaper was an experience in itself. I was not just able to order the one item I wanted, no sir. I had to listen to speal (pronounced schpeel) after speel about different products and offers including but not limited to magazine offers, Walmart gift cards, insurance policies, and free vacations to Orlando. Yeah, right, I learned a long time ago nothing is free in the infomercial world!
Anway, I will let you know if this product sounds too good to be true or if it indeed takes 20 lbs off of me instantly! If it is a scam, watch for it at my next rummage sale...

2 comments:

Your Pal, M said...

I for one am surprised that you didn't just try and make your own "body shaper."

Sherri said...

Wow, Mal, I never thought of that! There is still time. I'll get on that right away.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails