Thursday, December 3, 2009

The first flurries

Today as I was dismissing my children to their parents, we all noticed the snowflakes. I wish I could bottle up the excitement of Preschoolers seeing their first snow of the season and sell it. I think we could all use some of that innocent happiness at seeing the white stuff for the first time.
As I get older, I just want the snow to stay away as long as possible because I know all too well all the icy roads, snow drifts, sub zero temps, and all the other negatives that come along with it.
But, at least for today, I am going to look at those pretty snowflakes as a four year old does and embrace the beginning of the winter season here in Wisconsin.

Just a recap of yesterday (Wednesday) which as you recall happens to be my favorite day of the week since Tizita comes to my Preschool class on Wednesdays. She is getting so used to the rules and routines of the classroom that I hardly notice that she is there. She blends in so well and that is the way it should be. I am so happy that she has made some little friends and is starting to play with them. She still enjoys her art work and if you give her a bottle of glue she is your friend for life, but she now does other things in the classroom in addition to working at the art center.
Anyway, after school we enjoyed a nice lunch with Gigi. After that Gigi and Tizita created some sort of culinary delicacy with apples, grapes, carrots, and some soap. Tiz had such fun creating that dish. Afer that adventure I took her down to the basement and she had a fashion show with some of her mom's and Aunt Alissa's clothes that I had saved from when they were little. It was quite a funny fashion show! Then we got out the art supplies and made a few pictures for Grandpa, Papa, and Herb and Pearl. It was another fun filled afternoon and before I knew it, it was time for Tiz and Mama to head back to Oshkosh. My camera was at school or I would have taken a few pictures, but here are a few from the morning Preschool class:Here we are going on an Astronaut Adventure. We have just left the shuttle and are walking around in space.
More space adventures.



After we returned from Outer Space we had a band. I don't think Tizita was very excited with the bells. Luckily we rotate instruments so all the children get to use many different instruments.
Time to watch the snow fall for a little bit now.

3 comments:

Courtney and Paul said...

I agree on the snow - keep it away, but this little dusting is fine. Come March I will absolutely HATE snow!!

You forgot about the bread and banana pudding sandwiches she REALLY wanted you to try. Ha!

madj said...

I, too, wish I could see snow in their eyes. Your little snow was a couple of inches in Madison - right at evening traffic time. It took me 75 minutes to travel a usual 30.

Your Pal, M said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm... Global Warming.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails