Sunday, December 13, 2009

A Wonderful Tizita filled few days

I have just organized the house and put everything back in order, there is a load of laundry in the washer, and I am finally sitting down to do some catch up computer business. Tizita and her mama and papa just left for Oshkosh and there are many little reminders of her visit around the house and that is the way I like it!
John met Courtney and Tizita in Waupan on Thursday night, had supper with them, and brought them to Watertown for a nice three day visit. On Friday, Tizita came to Preschool so she could sing with her classmates in chapel. I was very proud of my students. They all did a wonderful job with their three songs. After Preschool Tizita, Courtney, Gigi, and I went to see the Frog Princess movie at Creek. It was Tizita's first movie and she did very well. Only needed to go out once for gummy worms and once for a bathroom break. The movie was actually very good and Tiana is a beautiful princess. After the movie we came home and made sugar cookies. Something went a bit wrong with the dough, but the final product was very tasty. I doubled the recipe and I think I may have forgotten to double the flour, oops! They were certainly rich cookies!
Tizita sleeps with John and I when she is here and that is always a special treat for us. She wakes up in such a sweet mood and always greets us with "Good Morning Grandma" and " Good Morning Grandpa." On Saturday the three of us just laid around chatting and laughing in our bed for quite awhile. We got up and frosted our buttery sugar cookies. I think Tiz is going to be an expert cookie baker! This is the big cookie that Tiz rolled out and baked just for her Uncle Cheddah!
On Saturday we headed to The Texas Steak House in Waukesha for Mallory's birthday celebration. She chose that restaurant for her Birthday lunch and we all had a great time there helping Mal celebrate turning 17!Here is Mal on the Birthday saddle!
After the great lunch we came over to our house to open gifts and have cake and ice cream. Mal is growing up which was evident when she had to leave to meet friends for the evening!And as if this weekend couldn't get any better my Preschoolers sang their Christmas songs in Church this morning. Here Tiz and I are just before we left for church. Here is my class in front of church ready to sing their songs. They did such an awesome job and they made this teacher very, very proud! As they say, from the mouths of babes, that is where we can learn the real meaning of Christmas.

1 comment:

Kim said...

That big cookie looks great! Nathan is going to love it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails