Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's a Winter Wonderland!



John spent his snow day shoveling and I spent mine making a snowman and snow angels! I will admit that I am not the biggest fan of winter, don't really care for the cold weather, slippery driving, and snow in general, but today I loved what we woke up to. Schools were already cancelled last night and John's boss had said no one should risk life and limb to drive in today so we began our day by just sleeping in a bit before bundling up and heading outside. It was very beautiful! The trees looked like this:I helped John shovel for a bit, but I had other things on my mind. That is when I made a few snow angels and built my snowman. Sometimes just being a Preschool teacher gives you the excuse to act like a kid again. It is good for the soul.
Anyway here is my finished snow man. He has my bike helmet on and he is smoking one of my dad's old pipes.John took part in the annual passage into winter, "shoveling out!" There is just something necessary about that first shovel out of the season. It wouldn't be winter in Wisconsin without this ritual.And folks, he still uses the old Armstrong shovel!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Love the snowman!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails