Thursday, December 24, 2009

This Christmas seemed to be planned so well. Courtney, Paul, and Tiz were heading to Iowa for five days and then they were headed back here on Christmas Day, but lo and behold, the weather has not been very cooperative and it appears they may be snow bound in Iowa for one or two extra days. Simple enough, right? Not so much for me, I am a planner and I am a controller and I want things to run the way that they are supposed to run and as you can imagine, this has thrown a major monkey wrench into my well planned out, controlled Christmas.
Logically, there is no one to blame for the weather, but part of me feels that if Courtney had watched the weather forecast they could have cut their visit short by one day and gotten here to celebrate. They apparently do not forecast with the same gloom and doom when the white death looms in Iowa as they do here in Wisconsin because they heard nothing of the storm until the ice pellets were hitting the windows. I have my own theories of their awareness of the weather conditons but I have already discussed these at length with Courtney. I have instructed her to go online and find a Wisconsin meteoroligist and listen to his forecast for tomorrow and beyond.
Alissa and Nathan have just arrived for our Christmas Eve celebration so I am off to have some fun. I will continue this later.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails