Sunday, December 6, 2009

Mardi Gras Fun

Last night we went to John's company Christmas party which had a Mardi Gras theme. I have been to many of his company (different companies) parties over the years and have found them to be about the same regardless of the company. There was always a good spread of food, some free drinks, and a very long boring presentation by the head hanchos praising people for their good work during the year. Then there is the small talk with people that one hardly knows or cares to know. Because of this I was going into this party with some reservations, then throw in the Mardi Gras theme and who knew what it would be like.
Well, I was so pleasantly surprised. It was by far the best Company Christmas party ever! When we got there we put our stuff down at a table and the boss's wife came over and sat by us. We had met earlier on the elevator and she remembered our names. So here we are at a table with not only the President of the companyand his wife, but the other owner, the Vice President, and the head of marketing and their wives. Wow, we were dining with the high ups for sure! The conversation was fun and easy. The food was good and the free Hurricanes were yummy, too.
John and I had our fortune told by some lady who only tells positive fortunes and even though I picked the death card she was able to turn that into something good. Lucky I don't believe in fortune tellers!
There was a fun trivia game show which pitted table against table. Three people from each table went up and answered questions. John went up with the boss and his wife, but they lost out in the first round, oh well...
After the game show they had something called Piano Fondue where two dualing piano players entertained us. It was good. We ended up dancing a lot to that music and then dancing the night away to a DJ. It felt like college and that is always a good thing.
I think we showed the company that we like to have fun!
Here are some pictures of the evening.This is me and my juggler friend.

1 comment:

madj said...

I'm glad you had a good time. It allowed me to have a good time as well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails