Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Remembering my Dad - 20 years ago!


20 years ago on February 11, 1990, my dad left this earth to go to his home in heaven. It was unexpected, it was quick, and it was a shock. Today I just want him to know that we think about him all the time, we laugh about all the silly things he did with us and for us, and I make sure that the girls, their husbands, Mallory, and Tizita all know what a special man he was!
Do I wish he could have been here to see Courtney and Alissa grow up, go to college, marry? YES! Do I wish him back even for a second? Absolutely not! I know he is in a much happier place and I wait for the day when I go and meet him there!

So, today we will laugh about vinyl shoes, broken fingernails, Geezikees (sp), green towels hanging out of pants, cigarettes, tape recorders, The Ink Spots, belt playing, beer drinking, and a hundred other things. Today we will remember him behind his bar in the basement among his collections of beer cans and mugs, the place he loved to spend time and maybe we will even raise a glass to his memory!

We will see you soon, Dad!




1 comment:

madj said...

Yes, we think of you often, dear friend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails