Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wonderful Wednesday


Today was another wonderful Wednesday. Wednesdays have easily become my favorite day of the week and the reason for that is because that is the day that Tizita comes all the way from Oshkosh to attend my Preschool class. I have enjoyed watching her grow and mature in so many ways. She came in as a two and a half year old who spent most of her time by my side, didn't really care to do paper work with me, and pretty much did her own thing and now she is a three year old who enjoys doing her work with me, no longer uses half a bottle of glue on one project, plays and interacts with all kinds of classmates, and can sit and listen with the best of them! I am one proud grandma!
After preschool we always have lunch together and today was not different. After lunch we baked some cinnamon rolls with chocolate frosting and they were yummy as you can see.







We also made a tent in my bedroom. Actually it started out as her covering me with towels, not sure why, but with encouragement from her mama she proceeded to bring out every towel including beach towels from my bathroom closet. Instead of laying under layers of towels, I suggested we make a tent. It was fun until I had to put all the towels away again after Tiz went home.




Courtney had to run to the post office, so she left Tiz and I snuggled in the chair. Tiz was telling me all about "Opia" (Ethiopia). Courtney told us to get her dressed and ready to go, but when Courtney got home we were still sitting snuggled in the chair. I could not give up that special time with Tiz to get her dressed. She very seldom just snuggles, so I was taking full advantage of it!
Not to leave Courtney out of the mix, I also enjoy my time with her on these Wednesdays, too. We always have lots to catch up on and are able to do that while Tiz spends time with Gigi.
Wednesdays, not only hump day, but so much more!








3 comments:

Courtney and Paul said...

It WAS a great day today!

madj said...

Her mustache was almost as good as Grandpa's, though MUCH cuter. Maybe I'll take Wednesdays off from now on!

Kim said...

Wednesday does sound like the BEST day of the week. Must say that was one great looking tent too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails