Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine's Day, Olympics, and other meanderings

We celebrated Valentine's Day in my classroom on Thursday and Friday. Here are my little Valentines from those two days. I enjoy the way that Preschoolers celebrate this holiday. I love seeing all the excitement as they mail their valentines to their little friends and the anticipation as they eye up all the cards and treats filling up their boxes. No pressure to get that gift from your certain someone because at this age everyone is included and everyone is special. Personally I don't care for Valentine's Day, never have, but if I look at it from the perspective of my kids it is much more enjoyable.
John and I were going to go out to celebrate, but decided on a Papa Murphy pizza and some serious Olympic watching. The perfect way to spend the night before Valentine's Day!
This afternoon John and I delivered Mary Linsmeier flyers to a subdivision in Ixonia. It was a beautiful day for a walk. I was only brave enough to hang the flyers on doors of houses where it looked like no one was home. I did not want to encounter any people while I was soliciting. Because it was so nice we headed into Oconomowoc to do some more walking. We got ourselves into any area we had not seen before in Oconomowoc, so our walk turned out to be just shy of 4 miles. I did find one other subdivision where I could deliver some more flyers at the end of the walk. I am hoping at least a few of the 60+ of the people we delivered to will actually look at the flyer and even show up at the open house. That is out of my control.
Tonight we are watching the Olympics. All the events in the winter olympics seem so dangerous to me. I am so thankful that my girls never cared for any winter outdoor activities! You know, sharp skate blades, skinny skis, crazy snow boards, luges, bobsleds, etc. Give me the pool anyday!
We are Tizless this weekend so it seems rather quiet around here, but sometimes a quiet stay at home weekend is good for the soul. I had almost no voice on Thursday and Friday so this is a good time to get back into tip top shape. My voice is almost back now, so that is a good thing. Man, I would miss that if it were gone! A voice is very important to a preschool teacher.
Tomorrow we go to our Financial Peace University class again. We have started to implement a few of the concepts and we are doing pretty good with our envelope system. And, finally the Amazing Race begins tomorrow night which gives me three reality shows to watch, The Bachelor, Survivor, and Amazing Race. Now that is good TV.
Back to the women's moguls, crazy, risk takers!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails