Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Skis or is it skies for our little Oscar the Grouch

Yesterday John and I were "shopping" at St. Vinney's. You know when your major bread winner is laid off you have to start shopping at a few new places. Anyway I have always liked the great things I find at St. Vinney's and we did not take the free bread, yet! But, I digress, we found the cutest skis or skies, not sure how to spell that word. I think skies might actually be skys though as in the blue sky plural, right? Well, you know what I mean, boards that you wear on your feet in the snow. Tizita has always gone "skiing" with her papa. He takes her along in the back pack, so John and I figured that for $2.00 we could afford or actually not afford to buy these cute little skis. (Yep, I think it is skis with no "e") Tizita was so happy when we gave them to her and she wore them all around the house. She seems to be a natural on them. Winter olympics 2024 or so, here she comes!



Now let's take a look at these feet. It was costume day at school today and I thought that my old saddle shoes from college days would go well with my costume. I still remember the day I got these shoes. They were to die for! I still like a saddle shoe. Now I only wear them if we have to dress up in the fifties look for some reason or with a costume like today.
Lynne, if you are reading this post, you will remember the costumes that Shevawn and I chose for today. Can you guess what we were without scrolling down?
All my girls, 10 of them, came as princesses today. We had Snow White, two Cinderellas, Tinkerbell (not technically a princess, but Disney), Thumbelina (same as Tink) a generic Princess, and a ballerina. Then there was Tizita who insisted on being Oscar the Grouch! Courtney certainly does not take after her mother because I was so lame at coming up with costumes, but just check out this garbage can that Courtney put together for Tiz. She loved her costume! Good job, Mamasita!
Okay, drum roll, please here comes the costume...


We were crayons, a red one and a blue one. I had been a red crayon many years ago at Mary Linsmeier and it seemed like a good idea for this costume day, too. Here is my cute bunch of Preschoolers. It was a fun day!






2 comments:

madj said...

That $2.00 was two of the best we,ve EVER spent! Even without having seen her use them OUTside. BTW, spending more for them for a girl her age and size would have been a real wasate of money.

Kim said...

Courtney was very creative with the Oscar costume. I want to come to your preschool. It always looks like so much fun!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails