Wednesday, June 11, 2014

38 years and still going strong

Thirty eight years ago tomorrow, June 12, John and I got married.
It was a hot, sunny day.
It is hard to believe that 38 years have flown by.
We have had lots of ups, some downs, and many in betweens on this journey of ours.
We have raised tow beautiful daughters, the best thing we did in this marriage, I believe.
Since they have both flown the coop, we are trying to find our place in this leg of our journey.
After being active parents for so many years, it is rather difficult to back off and let the girls run their own lives.
We are enjoying our new role as Grandparents, that is one role that is very easy to assume and it helps to fill the gaps left when the girls left.
We are learning to enjoy doing things with just the two of us again.
Biking, traveling, exercising, and date nights are some of our favorite "together" activities.
I look forward to adding to this list.
For now, I just want to thank John for all the things he does for me.
All I have to do is ask and he will do it, unless it involves an ice show.
It does not go unnoticed.
I appreciate it all.
I hope we have many more happy years together, but the future is promised to no one, so I don't want to wait for big moments, I want to make big moments right now!
Here are a few pictures from that day 38 years ago.











This is the same door in the place we had our reception 38 years later.
Time flies when you are having fun.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails