Friday, June 6, 2014

Y not?

On Wednesday, Mallory came over to have lunch with me.
She asked me if I might join the YMCA so that we could do a few exercise classes together.
Well, I guess it was the push I needed because last night, John and I became members of the Watertown Y.
We had no sooner, walked through the door than at least five employees recognized us and welcomed us.
It feels like the right thing to do.
I have been faithful about walking with Leslie Sandstone each morning, followed by 8 minute abs and arms, but I wanted something else to keep me going.
I know that John will enjoy being back on an exercise machine.  He was a regular visitor to the HAWK (what the Y was before it became a Y) and enjoyed his time there, but after his first lay off, he had to cancel that membership.  He says he is looking forward to finding his arm muscles again.
We got a tour, paid our fees, and we were in.
Now, what classes to take.
I know for sure that I don't want anything to do with the Silver Sneaker Club, I don't feel that old yet.
Mallory asked me to do a Body form class with her that includes yoga, pilates, and toning.
I hope my knee holds up and that I don't have to balance on one foot for too long.  I am not a fond lover of yoga or pilates, but I will give it a whirl.
After the class which I will try next Tuesday, Mallory is going to show me how to use some of the machines.
I want to try a spin class with John.
I know we are really out of shape when it comes to a bike, but I am willing to give it a "spin."
I also know the instructor for that class and she assured me we can go at our own pace.
We shall see how it all goes and I will keep you all updated on our progress.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails