Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Waiting for the third shoe to drop or something like that

John was cutting the lawn on Sunday.
I was simply trying to open the kitchen window above the sink.
In my defense, the window is very sticky and hard to open so I tend to push on the top window to help push the lower one up.
As I was pushing on the top window, I pushed right through the window and broke it.
Number one thing - broken window.
Luckily clean up was easy because the glass fell in the window sill.
Problem is that half the window is till intact.
As I was cleaning up the broken window, John was walking by outside without the lawnmower, I called out the now open, broken window to let him know that the window had broken
It was then that he told me that his dad's lawnmower had finally broke after 30 years.
He was holding one of the wheels in his hand.
Number two thing.

I have always been told by my mom and her by hers that bad things come in threes, so we are just waiting for the third thing to happen around here.

The window works as is so until we come up with a plan, it stays as it is.
John purchased a new lawnmower and has since cut the lawn.

 
This is the broken window.  It is hard to see where some of the break happened, but about a third of the window was broken.
And here is the broken lawnmower.  You can see the wheel that fell off.
So, we wait for the third thing or hopefully, that old wives tale will be proven false once and for all.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails