Wednesday, June 4, 2014

God can make Beauty out of Nothing


Twelve years ago one of my students brought in a single leaf from his mom's cactus. "It fell off and was laying there" were his words to me. What does a teacher do? I put the leaf into soil of another plant I had in the room. Over the years it grew and was neglected at times. This morning it greeted me with this flower and more blossoms! Maybe it was saying, "Happy retirement! " I'm ecstatic!'
The above is a post from Mrs. Parker's Facebook page.
It really made me think and I felt it was worth sharing here with all of you.
Here are the pictures that accompanied the post.



Beautiful, isn't it?

This is what I thought about when I saw this post and photos.
I thought about how God can take nothing and turn it into a beautiful thing.
What if Mrs. Parker had just thrown that little leaf away thinking it was nothing worthwhile?
What if God had just thrown us away thinking we were nothing worthwhile?
Good thing Mrs. Parker saw the beauty in that little leaf and planted it.
Good thing God saw the beauty in us, even with all our sinfulness, and sent his son to take our sins away so we could go to heaven one day
Good thing Mrs. Parker took care of that plant so it could thrive and grow.
Good think God takes care of us so we can thrive and grow in his love, grace, and mercy.
Lesson that I learned from this:
God can take the littlest thing and turn it into a thing of beauty.
Nothing is too hard for God.
I am going to remember that when I am teaching my little ones, too, because God is not finished with them yet and he is turning them into things of beauty.
I am blessed to be a part of that transformation.
May I always treat them the way God expects. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails