Tuesday, June 10, 2014

What Goes Around Comes Around

As most of my readers know, I have two daughters and a niece who is like a third daughter to me.
Mallory is all grown up now, she turned 21 in December.
When she was younger she was a big part of our family.
She filled an empty spot in John and my lives when both of the girls left the nest.
We enjoyed taking her to museums, zoos, restaurants, malls, and other places that our girls liked so much as they were growing up.
Mallory joined us on trips to visit my girls at their colleges.
Mallory taught me many things about technology.
We spent one whole summer playing Toon Town.
Mallory was so good at the video game and I would struggle with it
Then along came the Sims and I was hooked on that game after Mallory introduced it to me.
Mallory and I became crafters together creating some lovely coasters.  Too bad I always used too much glue for my projects.
Mallory has joined us on trips to Door County, La Crosse, the Dells, and even all the way to St. George Island, Florida.
Such wonderful memories.
I treasure these special times I have had with my niece.

Now, our relationship has evolved.
I used to be the one driving her around and now she is the one who comes and picks me up to go on a shopping trip or to go to our latest adventure, the Y!
Mallory asked me to join the Y so she would not have to go alone to some of the classes, so I did and now we are back together doing yoga, pilates, and exercise machines.
Making more memories, just in a different venue.
So thankful to have Mallory as my niece.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails