Tuesday, June 3, 2014

A New Summer Do

Today I went to Domani for some pampering, color, and a cut.
I took a picture I had found on pinterest under "Hair Styles for Older Women."
I figured I fit under that category and I thought the style was cute.
I printed it off and laid it on my dresser.
The other night John said to me, "What is Joan London doing on your dresser?"
Well, I didn't know it was Joan London, but I guess it was and I guess I liked her hair.
I debated even taking the picture along because I know that stylists don't really appreciate pictures because often the hair is of different texture, etc and they cannot work miracles, but I threw it in my purse just in case.
When I got to Domani, Rachel greeted me with a cute short haircut that I immediately loved.
I showed her the picture of Joan which she said was fine, but she doubted I would like the bangs since that style would be harder for me to achieve.
I am a wash and wear kind of gal.
In the end, I asked Rachel to just cut my hair just like her own and I am very happy with it tonight.
We will see how I am at actually achieving the look by myself.
 Here's Joan and her do which I still do like and I may try sometime, but I think Rachel was right in that it might be a bit high maintenance for me.
 And, this is what I ended up with.
I love how it is still ong and normal in the front, but I really love  how short the back is.
I think it will be a good cut for summer.
I hope I can achieve this look again after the first washing.
Another great part of today's appointment was that besides having two gift cards from Courtney and Alissa, I also had a $10.00 credit for recommending Domani to Angie Uttech and my discount punch card was full.
It was like winning the Domani Lottery!
I was able to buy two new products which Rachel assures me will help keep this style.
We shall see.
At any rate, bring on the summer, my head is ready.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails