Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Bachelor is dead to me, for now

I waited with such anticipation for the season finale of The Bachelor. Two hours of the show itself where Jason would choose either Michelle or Molly to be his wife or maybe it would be DeAnna. The excitement was almost too much for me. Then after those two hours there would be a special one hour "After the Rose" special. All day my mind kept going to thoughts of those three hours of TV I had to look forward to. I had watched all the episodes of The Bachelor this season primarily because I really liked this Bachelor. (Don't care for him anymore) I liked both Molly and Melissa which I guess was the same problem that Jason had in the end, huh...
ABC had been airing these previews that showed DeAnna surprising Jason in New Zealand and right after that you saw a clip of Jason just bawling and hanging his head over he balcony. Put two and two together and one figures that somehow DeAnna will get him back and he will leave both Molly and Michelle in the dust. I should know by now the most obvious conclusion is never right. Another preview shows the host saying that there will be no live audience at this "After the Rose" special because it is just too dramatic. Wow! Who wouldn't be sitting on the edge of their seat?
My mom and I got our usual seats for the show discussing which girl we thought he would choose. The part about DeAnna visiting was nothing-that preview was certainly deceiving, so we knew that he would choose either Melissa or Molly. In the end he chose Melissa and as they happily jumped into the pool together I figured, "Well, this ended happily ever after."
Fast forward to the "After the rose" which was six weeks after the proposal to Melissa. Long story short, Jason breaks up with Melissa on live TV and not five minutes after that break up he is kissing Molly and telling her he made a mistake and he loved her. My mom and I were so mad at him for dumping someone on national TV, but we were even more upset because we think it was all staged. Now if my husband is reading this he will be laughing and wondering what took me so long to figure this out, but that is neither here nor there.
At any rate, we have sworn off the Bachelor, he is dead to us! I apologize if you do something more valuable with your time than watch TV, like maybe read, because I know this post won't mean anything to you, but I felt I needed to document it.
I just don't see how one cannot find their true love after six weeks filled with time in New Zealand together, numerous time in the hot tub together, helicopter rides, and bungee jumping. After all isn't that how most of us found the man of our dreams
Oh, I should add that the scene where he was bawling and hanging over the balcony actually ocurred after he send Molly off in the limo and five minutes before he proposed to Melissa. Those kind of emotions should have given him a clue that he might have just made a mistake. No man should be crying like that!
One last thing, Melissa, if you are reading this, you are better off without him!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails