Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The misadventures of a day with Mallory

Both Mallory and I had the day off yesterday so we spent it together. I have always enjoyed spending time with Mallory. She keeps me in the loop and keeps me young. She helps me with my ipod, facebook, wii, and other technological problems that I encounter. She also gives me the latest scoop about fashion, makeup and hair. In return I hope that I give her some sound advice about life in general mixed with a good amount of humor. Yes, we always have fun together and yesterday was no different.
We rented some wii games and started our day with those. Mal is always so much better than I am at all wii games. I start out thinking, "this time I can do better than she can," but it just never happens. Young people just have a knack for that kind of thing that us older folks do not possess. We did some shooting, animal crossing, and cooking with mama. After the excitement of that and eating a bunch of sweetart jellybeans which by the way are awesome, we headed to the library to get Mal a book that she needed for speech class. It was listed as being in the library, but we could not locate it on the shelf. Luckily my friend Lynne is the Children's Librarian and she came to our rescue. (No, we were not checking out a children's book for a sixteen year old! We just happened to go to Lynne for help) She found the book for us and all was well. I never seem to know the right person in high places, but this time I sure did. Thanks Lynne for saving the day.
We went to St. Vinney's (actually I had to drag Mallory there, she claims she gets hives from St. Vinney's) I needed some cars and trucks for my classroom. It was a disappointing trip since they were reorganizing and washing everything and of course, they were in the middle of the toy vehicle section so the choices were limited. I did find a few items for the classroom and then we had to hurry out because, sure enough, Mal was getting itchy!
When we got back to my house we worked on some of our crafting. We made a few cards. And, yes, Alissa you will be getting one soon! Mallory is a very careful crafter and has a great eye for what looks good. I, on the other hand, get carried away with glue and often forget that less is more.
We made Mal's favorite casserole for dinner and then she was off to her foot skills for soccer. The very best part of hanging out with Mallory these days is that she has her caddy and she is now the driver! I love her heated seats.
So that was our day. As Mal was leaving she said, "Now that was a good day!" and that is all I needed to hear!
My day did end on a sour note with the finale of The Bachelor! What a dumb ending. I am not watching it again. (Do not hold me to that!)

3 comments:

Kim said...

That does sound like a great day! And not to worry, I won't hold you to your statement about never watching the Bachelor again. I said the same thing about Dancing with the Stars when Marie Osmond made it to the finals yet I continue to watch. I'm addicted.

Lissa said...

Mallory...how are your foot skills? Will you still be able to drive Sherri around if you have no arms? Did you make that octopus dish again for the man with the ape-like head? Remember, that was his favorite. Ohhhh...betta zan mama!

Your Pal, M said...

Not this time Lis, we got a different cooking mama game... I think it was the first one ever made because the graphics were poor and there were terrible instructions. It was not as fun as yours by no means! Good cooking mama impression by the way. Well' my footskills aren't that good.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails