Friday, March 6, 2009

I am loving the month of March

During the month of March I have always done a unit on Weather since March in Wisconsin gives us a little bit of everything-snow, rain, wind, sun, clouds and everything in between. For that reason it is the perfect time to let the kids take a turn at being our daily weather person and reporting the weather to us. We also talk about lion days and lamb days to see if the old saying, "in like a lion and out like a lamb and vice versa" has any truth to it.
Today was a beautiful day, definitely a lamb day. It was sunny with just the right amount of wind and temps in the high 50's. A most perfect spring like day. Since I have Friday afternoons off I took a nice four mile walk today with my favorite tunes playing on my ipod. Just what the doctor ordered for all of us suffering from cabin fever.
I have decided that March is probably one of my favorite months since it brings with it the hope of warmer weather when it offers us these teasing days like today. I am so thankful that I live in a place where we experience the four seasons. Sometimes in the midst of snow, ice, and cold I find myself wishing I were in a warm climate, but then along comes March and with it the knowledge that spring and then eventually summer will get here sooner rather than later.
I can now start to get some of my spring clothes out and put away a few of my sweaters-no need to do this too quickly since I know there is more winter to come, but I can at least begin the process. I can also start to think about the biking that John and I will be doing in just a short time. I can start to plan which trails we want to ride this season. We can also enjoy walking again without needing to bundle up in layer upon layer of clothes. Oh, yes, I love March! Bring it on!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I too took a stroll today with my tunes and the wonderful weather. You are so right that March can throw a little bit of everything at us in terms of weather. Hope you have a good weekend Sherri.

Verna said...

I shouldn't tell you then that we had 70 degrees today. Yes, it was very lovely.

The saying goes if you don't like Illinois weather wait a day or two it will change. Hope it doesn't change too much for worse I am simply loving the sunshine and warmth.

Have a great week end

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails