Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Grab a ring on our rope and walk!


A few years ago I found a walking rope with rings in an Oriental Trading Magazine. Being it was from Oriental Trading the price was reasonable, but I knew the quality would suffer and it probably would not hold up under the abuse of my lively Preschoolers. I showed the picture to my aid and she made one for me. She used heavy duty ribbon and diving rings which she sewed on with great reinforcement to withhold any of the abuse. We have used the walking rope for all of our walks and it is the next best thing to white bread. (I think there is some quote to that effect)
Over the years I have taken thousands of walks with kids and I wish I had this rope way back when. It eliminates all the dawdlers who always ended up a block behind the rest of us. It is a much safer way to cross streets since we are all together in a nice orderly line.
We had a wonderful time on our park field trip these past two days. We used our rope to walk the mile to the park and made it in 30 minutes, no small feat for 16 Preschoolers. The weather could not have been better and we brought just as many kids back to school as we left with-always a good thing and there were no mishaps!
One more trip tomorrow and then my field trips are over for this school year!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Your school year is prob almost over too. WHat a great way to end the year with all these field trips. They look like fun. Can I come next year?

Verna said...

What a wonderful way to keep all the little ones together.

Have a great week.

madj said...

Kim, will you be able to handle the scholarly rigors of her preschhool class?

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails