Friday, May 8, 2009

Two down,, four to go!

It is the time of the year for field trips and between my two classes of Preschoolers, I take six of them during this last month of school. Yesterday I took my afternoon class to the library where my good friend, Lynne gives them a tour of the children's room, gives them rules about taking care of books, and reads to them. My class which tends to be very talkative was on their best behavior and really made me proud. After our library visit we headed over to Mullen's Dairy Bar which is a wonderful ice cream place. They make their own ice cream and have lots of yummy flavors. Most of the kids chose cookie dough, blue moon, or cotton candy. I chose turtle! We took a nice leisurely walk on the way back to school stopping to look at the dam which most of them still call a waterfall. The weather could not have been better for our walk. So, one down, five to go! So far we are on a roll.

Today I took all 35 Preschoolers, both AM and PM to Gymtastics which is a wonderful place for kids to run, jump, play, use balance beams, trampolines, jump houses, etc. I call this the best field trip place ever. I have gone on hundreds of field trips over the last 25 years and this is one of my favorite. They have teachers who take over with the kids as soon as we arrive and move them from station to station. My job is to simply go around, take pictures, and converse with parents. The smiles on the kids faces speak for themselves.

Next week my AM class goes to the library and all classes take a few trips to the park. I love the end of the school year!This it the foam pit that the kids get to jump into. I really want to try to jump in here sometime, but I am afraid I might not be able to get out! They do have a ladder just for such emergencies!


The kids jump off of the tall blue tower and the balance beam to get into the foam pit. It is amazing that three year olds will jump off of such high places. They have no fear, I guess.


There are many bars and rings where the kids can hang and do monkey tricks!
I hope to be able to take Tizita to Gymtastics when she is visiting sometime because I think she would really enjoy doing all the fun things!
Happy Mother's Day everyone!


2 comments:

Verna said...

A day full of fun.

Have a great Mother's Day.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I love your blog and have enjoyed reading it.
I am still a new blogger but leaning new things each day.
I hope you will stop by and visit me.
The May give away has started....and next week I will be blogging from Disney World.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails