Sunday, May 3, 2009

A wonderful early Mother's Day celebration

We celebrated Mother's Day a week early this year because Courtney, Paul, and Tizita will be heading to Minneapolis to spend the actual day with his mom. The weather was beautiful and we had a most wonderful time spending time together. Courtney and Tizu came on Thursday night already so we got to have a special early visit with them. Tizu came to my Preschool on Friday while Courtney served as my aid. My regular aid had an appointment and had taken the day off, so it was a fun day with mother, daughter, and granddaughter in the classroom together. After school we went to lunch with my mom at a nice restaurant. It was our little four generation luncheon. After nap we headed out to Ebert's green house to look at all the beautiful flowers. Tizu really enjoyed herself and we all purchased some pretty blooms. We enjoyed tacos for dinner after Alissa, Nathan, and Paul arrived and ended our evening with a bit of wii.
Here is Tizita with some of our flowers. She was riding on a wagon which clearly stated, "Do not let you children ride on the wagon!" But it was just so darn cute!

Tizita with one of many flowers she picked out for us to take home with us.


On Saturday we walked over to my aunt and uncle's house so they could meet Tizu for the first time. It was a most enjoyable visit. On Saturday night the girls, Alissa, Courtney, Mal, my mom, and I went out for a few beers and some mighty fine conversation and good laughs.
Almost forgot, John cooked on Saturday night and we enjoyed his burgers and brats.

On Sunday, John and I took Tizu to the park and then we just lazed around, ate lunch outside, and enjoyed the company again until everyone took off for home. It was a fine Mother's Day!
I hope Courtney enjoyed her first Mother's Day here with all of us. I hope it was a very special day for her!

Next weekend John and I are going to Milwaukee to go out with Nathan and Alissa. We will be having dinner, drinks, and spending the night at the Hunter bed and breakfast. This is their mother's day gift to me so I am looking forward to that, too!

I have the best daughters, son-in-laws, and granddaughter ever! The best part is that we don't need a special day like Mother's Day to get together and share good times!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Love the pictures, especially the one of all you ladies. Happy Mother's Day Sherri!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails