Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Mother's Day celebration with Alissa and Nathan

We started out our afternoon at High Hat on Brady St. for a beer.
We had a nice dinner at Elsa's after some window shopping on Brady St. I want to thank Alissa for coming up with such fun plans for my mother's day. She is a good planner and I appreciate that I don't have to think about things, just follow along for the fun. It was also nice that we could spend the night at the Hunter B and B and not have to make the trip back to Watertown. I also need to thank Nathan for being a good sport and letting us hang out with them. He and John talk a lot of shop and smoke cigars together.
Alissa and I with our fancy Raspberry Collins drinks. Look how we dressed similarly without any consultation.
John and me enjoying the nightlife in the big city.
We did have a funny (well, maybe not funny...) experience on our taxi ride back to Alissa and Nathan's after our night out. The men hailed a taxi and Nathan jumped in the front while the three of us sat in the back. Nathan clearly told the taxi driver to take us to S. Hawley but it was apparent that he had not understood when we were heading toward S. Howell on the way to the airport which is in the total wrong direction. Finally after some directions from Nathan and Alissa with John piping in too, we headed off in the right direction and made it to their apartment $25.00 later! It was quite the experience. Alissa says it has never happened to them before and they take the taxi home quite frequently.
Alissa and Nathan enjoying our martinis at Kennadee's
Here I am with one of my favorite son in laws at Kennadee's.
These are the new shoes I bought myself with some Mother's Day money. They are just so cute and stylish, something I usually do not splurge on for myself. I wore them on our night out with Alissa and Nathan!
So, I hope that all the moms out there had a wonderful day and were able to spend time with their children.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Looks like you had a great weekend. Alissa is definitely a great planner and always has fun stuff organized when we come to visit too. Great pictures!! Love those shoes. Very cute! Happy Mother's Day Sherri!

Verna said...

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day too. Even if you celebrated early with you family.

Looks like you had a bundle of fun.

Courtney and Paul said...

I like the shoes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails