Thursday, July 9, 2009

Finally a play date with the Hurtgens!

All last summer while I waited patiently for my granddaughter to arrive from Ethiopia I enjoyed play dates with my friend Lynne and her three grandchildren. We would go to the park, go on nice long walks, or just play at my house. I just could not wait until Tizita would join us on some of our fun outings. Well, finally this past Wednesday I got to have a play date that involved my own granddaughter and we had fun.
We met at a park and played for about an hour and a half. We were planing on a picnic lunch but the mosquitos forced us to leave so we came to my house for an indoor picnic. It was so much fun and it was everything I dreamed it would be. Unfortunately the summer is going by so quickly and this is probably the only Wednesday that we will be able to play together due to Tizu's busy schedule, but at least we fit one it!

Tizu and Meghan having fun.
The twins and Tizu climb up the big steps to the tunnel slide. They did this many, many times.



Our indoor picnic. Here Tizu is handing out some pretzels to everyone. The kids sat and ate for at least a half hour.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails