Monday, July 6, 2009

Fourth of July Fun

All ready for the parade.
Courtney and Alissa at the parade.
Waiting for the parade to begin.
We were so excited to share Tizita's first 4th of July parade with her. She loved the parade and sat on my lap during most of the 2 and a half hour event. She would stand up for all the flags as hey passed and she got so much candy and other goodies. So many people stopped and commented on how cute she was! A true little American!
A moment of reflection during the parade. I think she was inspecting all of her candy!
Waiting patiently for the next unit in the parade!
Four proud generations of Americans, sing their own version of "God Bless the U.S.A."
I am proud to be an American!
After the parade and cookout Uncle Cheddah and Tizita cooled off in her little swimming pool! I don't know which one of them had more fun!
All in all, it was a fantastic fourth of July full of good memories and lots of fun times. I was so happy to spend Tizita's first fourth of July in America with her and I look forward to celebrating many more American Birthdays with her.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I was going to say that it looked like Nathan was having a good time in that pool too.

Lissa said...

My favorite part of this blog is where you said Tizu was waiting for the next "unit" in the parade. What parade were you at? I saw no units.

Sherri said...

Mom just asked, "What IS a unit?" (this is courtney, btw). I've never heard anything in the parade called a unit. Crazy nuts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails