Friday, October 16, 2009

And the Band played on...

Today we had a band in preschool. The kids love to play the rhythm instruments and although the music may not sound that great to an outsider's ear, it is pretty sweet to us.This little boy asked me if we could play a song for the soldiers. His dad is in Iraq right now and he thought it would be a good idea to sing about him and the other soldiers, so we made up a little song that went like this:
Thank you soldiers, thank you soldiers,
For fighting for us, for fighting for us,
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you,
For fighting for us, for fighting for us.
Of course, the melody is "Are you Sleeping," most of my made up songs go to that tune.
I thought it was very sweet of Brayden to request a song for the soldiers and I hope they know how much we appreciate what they are doing for us. I know the sacrifice Brayden and his family are making.As you can see it takes a lot of concentration to play in our band. It is not easy to make beautiful music.I like how the little guy is trying to figure out how to use his instrument. I figure he is thinking, "What do I do with this thing she gave me?"And yet again, another child trying to figure this instrument out. Apparently they did not listen to me when I gave them their introductory lesson. Don't fear though, we trade instruments so if you can't figure one out, another will be in your hands soon. Trading instruments is a lesson in itself since you have to pass them in a clockwise direction, not any easy task for little ones.Give this guy a blue ribbon, he figured out how to use the instrument correctly!And, now the band member you have all been waiting for! Here is Tiz showing us how to play the wood blocks. The girl has natural rhythm, but I must say the whole class is pretty rhythmic for a bunch of white kids. That is when they know how to use the instruments.
Here she is playing the coveted drum. They all know that this is my favorite instrument and who doesn't want to play the teacher's favorite? She looks pretty pleased with herself here.
So, there you have it, the Preschool Band. Maybe we will cut a CD soon.

1 comment:

Courtney and Paul said...

Tizita showed me just what to do when she saw the sandpaper-covered blocks. She must have liked those quite a bit.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails