Friday, October 2, 2009

A Preschool Podigy

My sweet Tizita had been at Preschool four times so far and she is already one of my shining star students! We have both adjusted so well to being in class together. I am so fortunate to be able to be my granddaughter's first teacher. Wednesday was by far her best school day thus far. She has learned to stay seated on her chair in the Jesus circle even when we are singing the "Walking with Jesus" song. The children just move their feet while seated and singing the song and up until today she always got up and walked around during the singing. (Logical, since that is what the song is all about, Walking with Jesus) Today she stayed on her chair, not a small victory.I wonder what she is thinking about in this photo. Isn't it just so precious? I think she may be contemplating the whole Noah and his ark story. Probably trying to figure out how all those animals got in that ark! And what is it about stripes on little kids?
After Jesus circle she did some cutting. I love how she is concentrating so hard on her cutting project that her eyes are crossing. The little girl next to her is Laurs, she is just a few days older or younger than Tiz. I forget which one. Anyway it appears that Laura is about to cut off her thumb, but never fear, I sent her home with her thumb intact. I am very careful about scissors. Tizita is miles ahead of other children her age in the cutting arena-I will take full credit for that one, I had a scissors in her hand very early. There is so much power in working a scissors. Once you can control that scissors you can turn a piece of paper into anything.
This is Tizita and her friend, Carlee, who is one month older than Tiz making me some lunch. As you can see, my pizza lunch is in the sink, not sure why but they were both excited to have me see the lunch they made for me. I love to see Tizita interacting with the other kids. She is very social so I will also give her a high mark in that area, too.And what girl doesn't feel at home with power tools? Here Tizita is working the drill like a pro.
One of her jobs that day was to draw a picture of what she likes to do in the fall. She told me she lkes to make balls with the leaves and throw them at her papa and mama. So I told her to draw the leaf balls. Not only did she decide to use her left hand but she also used all three colors at the same time with a very funky grip. Usually she is right handed and does use just one crayon at a time with a good grip.Look, I am in this picture, never mind that I look like a giant, but the thing is, who took it? Well, Tizita did. She borrowed my camera which she loves to do and snapped this beauty.I will close with this picture of Tizita and her friend, Laura working on a puzzle. I look so forward to Wednesdays so that I can spend the morning with Tizita in my class and then we always get to have a nice lunch together. What special memories we are making together.

5 comments:

Kim said...

I can see why Wednesdays are such a great day of the week! I'm impressed with Tiz's photo skills. She clearly knows what she is doing.

Courtney and Paul said...

I am one proud Mama reading all this. I am going to miss all the pictures and details when she enters a different school next year. How will I know what she's doing or how she's doing?

Sherri said...

Well, you could always continue the drive down here one day per week? I will miss her just as much!

Courtney and Paul said...

Or...you could get a teaching job up here and commute up and see her 3-5 days a week...

Sherri said...

WEll I would have to stay with you during the week.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails