Friday, October 9, 2009

Where, Oh, Where are my Preschoolers?

This is our banjo player who sings, "Where, Oh, Where is Tizita... Way down yonder in the Pumpkin patch."She sings it with all my kids as we take the hayride out to the pumpkin patch. The sing along is so much fun. I had to laugh to myself about all the unusual but beautiful names that my preschoolers have:
Sinai
Aquila
Cooper
Zander
Nain
Manuel
Dominic
Tizita
Gavin
Alana
Hunter
Gone are the days of Mike, Julie, Pat, and Chris, but that's the way it is with names.
Getting back to our field trip. It was a cool, well cold day, but there was no rain and we all had a wonderful time in the Pumpkin patch!
It was a special day for me since I could spend it with Tizita and Courtney on their first of many, many field trips. How many Grandmas can share in that experience. I am indeed blessed!

Here are Tizita, Courtney, and Stacy waiting for the adventure to begin. I put Courtney in charge of Stacy who had no parent with her. I wanted Courtney to feel like a real chaperone on the field trip. I am breaking her in for the real Preschool world. Notice Tizita's cute hat, handmade by her mama!
Here you see Tizita working on her craft project. At this pumpkin patch they have a wonderful storyteller. This year the story was about Earl the Squirrel. After the story, the kids make a project having to do with the story. They made acorn mobiles, very cute and simple project.
Here we are on the hayride out to the pumpkin patch. Tizita said she is not going on another hayride because it was cold and it was indeed cold today, but it is October in Wisconsin and it is to be expected, right?
Here is Tizita out in the Pumpkin patch.
So that is where I was with my preschoolers today and what a thrill for me to have been able to share this field trip with my Tizita!

1 comment:

Verna said...

That looks like a lot of fun.
Sure am glad you can spend time with her and have her in your class.

Love her hat.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails