Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Career Day at St. John's

As part of our spirit week at St. John's today was Career Day. I was originally planning on going as a teacher wearing my everyday "teacher" clothes, but this morning I decided I should really try and get a bit more creative since I know some of my kids will dress up and I don't like to disappoint them or their parents. At 5:45 I was racking my brain which is less than adequate when it comes to costumes in general. Just ask my girls about their poor excuses for Halloween costumes as they were growing up. I guess I could have gone as a gypsy since that is what I always resorted to for the girls, but I don't think being a gypsy is even politically correct anymore and I don't even want to be one. I figured the least I could do was dress as something that I really wanted to be yet in my life.
Well, that limited the choices. I thought of a traveler, a beach bum, a retired lady with lots of money, a children's author, a scrapbooker, but all seemed a bit complicated so early in the morning. Finally, I remembered a shirt that John has that says, "This is what a really cool grandpa looks like." No, I don't want to be a grandpa, but I do want to continue to be a grandma to hopefully a few more little ones, so all I had to do was change that P to an M. Duct tape would do nicely. Took me all of two minutes and the shirt became my career choice for the day.

Here are my little twins. One hopes to a clown in the circus and the other wants to be a florist. I thought those were both some pretty unique ideas.
This is Dr. Laura. Maybe not a real original idea but both her parents are doctors, so it is a family thing.

Here is a little dental hygenist with all her equipment.

And, my personal favorite, a future paleontologist complete with bones, teeth, claws, tape measure, map, magnifying glass, and paint brush. It was really a cute, creative idea.
The remainder of my kids were mostly just dressed as kids with a handful of Packers and soldiers thrown in.
I certainly wouldn't win any awards for most creative, but I really do hope to continue grandmaing long into the future.
Note to my grandchild that I am waiting for from Ethiopia: I cannot wait to expand my grandmothering when you arrive home. I just know it will be double the fun with two little ones to love on and spoil. I pray you are happy, healthy, and that you know in your heart that someone cannot wait till you get here and join our family.



1 comment:

Kim said...

Why no picture of you and your costume?? I like the paleontologist too. Very detailed for a little guy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails