Saturday, February 12, 2011

Waiting and Wondering

I think it is time to start putting down a few thoughts about our next grandchild who will be joining our family sometime in the future (near or far, but the future, not the less) Of course, I hope it is sooner than later, but God has a plan and He has the perfect child in mind for our family. As Courtney reminded me the other day, Tizita is the perfect fit for our family and we had to be patient and wait for her, too. There could not have been a more perfect child and she was worth every second we waited.

I am thinking that a child about two years younger than Tizita would be perfect. As much as I would love to have a baby to hold and snuggle, I know that Tizita needs a sibling that can be a playmate for her. Is that what God has in His plans, only time will tell.

I am accustomed to girls and I think how much Tizita would enjoy a little sister. My girls were 22 months apart and grew up as best friends, still are. I would love Tizita to have that magical connection to a sister, too. Is a little sister in God's plans, only time will tell. (If God chooses a grandson, I know we would adjust and I suppose brothers and sisters can be close, too)

Tizita is petite, beautiful, funny, smart, sweet, loving, and very healthy. Now I know you are thinking that all grandparents say that about their grandkids and well they should, but in this case she really is exceptional in all those areas. International adoption is full of unknowns, there can be lots of health related problems as well as adjustment issues. Courtney and Paul breezed through all of this with Tizita thriving and blossoming as soon as she stepped off the plane. Will God grant such an easy transition for the next child, only time will tell.

There is much travel involved in bringing a child home from Ethiopia. A new rule mandates two trips to Ethiopia, one for a court date and one to bring your child home. Costs are high, paperwork is intense, you have to be committed to reach the goal in this adoption journey. The first trip to bring Tizita home went smoothly. Courtney and Paul made many new friends and enjoyed seeing the sights in beautiful Ethiopia. The meeting with Tizita went smoothly and without a hitch she was on her way home. Will God grant Courtney and Paul safe and smooth travels this time, only time will tell.

Is my future grandchild already born and living in the care center? I am guessing, "Yes." Right now that precious child has no name, what I mean is that he/she has a name, but I don't know that name yet, so when I pray for this child, I have faith that God knows for which child I am interceding. I pray that this child is happy, healthy, and thriving in whatever environment he/she is in right now and that he/she will be held safely in the palm of God's hand until Courtney and Paul take his/her hand and bring their baby home. This prayer, I know, God will hear and answer.

Note to my precious grandchild: We cannot wait to meet you someday soon. We already love you and we hope you can feel that love all the way across the ocean. You have a big sister waiting for you. She is going to take you under her wing and teach you all the things you need to know to survive life in our family here in Wisconsin USA. Hurry home, little one!

4 comments:

Verna said...

I am sure the next one will be just as precious as the first one is and was!

We just cannot immagine our lives without our granddaughters in them. They bring us such great joy!

Someday, I hope I shall have the oportunity to meet your special little girl!

Courtney and Paul said...

I hope it's smooth again - and fast now that we're in a bit more of the home stretch (I hope!!).

Kim said...

I can't wait until Courtney, Paul, and Tiz get the news about the new family member and all the final plans are made to bring the little one home. Tiz will be a great big sister to help them easily transition to life in Cheesehead Country ;o)

madj said...

While the wait for Tiz was long from the actual application, once we all received word, I remember, time seemed to fly at times until the actual day grew closer, with the wedding plans, etc. having had to be dealt with.

This wait, too, while at the outset seems lengthy, will, when we receive word of our next joy bundle, will most likely fly by. That's my prayer anyway.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails