Friday, February 25, 2011

So, this is why I do not decorate cakes for a living

A few weeks ago I saw a recipe on FB for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes. The recipe sounded so yummy, so I decided to make these cupcakes for Courtney and Paul's birthdays which we will be celebrating this weekend. Of course, we will have the traditional ice cream cake made by my mom, but I thought these would be a nice addition. Well, after two hours of putsiness (not sure if that is how you spell it or if it is even a word) here is the finished product. First step, the homemade from scratch cupcakes. I don't think I have ever made cupcakes from scratch, never saw the need, but the dough for these tasted very yummy. The cupcake dough has three sticks of butter in it! So, anyway step one was not too bad.
Step two was preparing the filling which tasted just like chocolate chip cookie dough, but has no eggs so no need to fear any kind of whatever it is you get from raw eggs. More butter in this filling, too. I had to cut out a little of the cupcake and put the cooled filling in. It was easier than I thought it would be. I pictured the cupcakes crumbling apart, but they cut easily and the filling was the consistency of playdough and I am great with playdough.

Then it was time to frost. I had purchased a kit that included some bags and tips so I could try and make the frosting a little bit fancy. I don't have much patience for this kind of thing and only a few of them look really nice, but they make a nice arrangement on a plate and I am thinking with all that butter, they should certainly taste very good.

Here's a little mouse or maybe a bear that I made for Tizita.

So there you have it. I will let you know how they tasted later.
Note to my future grandchild: I look forward to making sweet treats with you someday soon. Your future sister, Tizita loves to bake with me, but mostly she likes to create her own recipes so her finished products are not always edible. Maybe you will be more interested in making some real treats, but if not, that is okay, too. We will have you in our thoughts and prayers this weekend when we are all together celebrating your mama and papa's birthdays.




2 comments:

madj said...

Don't be so rough with your own ceitique. they looked great, but they tasted even better! I realize they took alot of work, but try them again in the future. thnaks for all the hard work. It really paid off.

Courtney and Paul said...

Tizita is whining right now about wanting to make me a concoction "because i love her so much". Uh-huh. I'm SURE it's her love for me that is driving her need to create a concoction.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails