Saturday, June 11, 2011

Celebrating our 35th Anniversary in the Greatest place on earth

Today we arrived in St. George Island, Florida. This is our 13th trip to this beautiful little piece of heaven. We were introduced to the Island by our good friends, Connie and Paul and after our first visit in 1997, we knew instantly why they loved it so much. The first few trips were made with our college aged daughters who loved it here just as much as we did. John and I traveled here alone numerous times, once to celebrate New Year's Eve, once for our 25 anniversary, once for spring break, and once just because. We have brought my mom, my niece, my brother, and my grandaughter to this Island. My older daughter Courtney got married on this beach and we all returned to celebrate their fifth anniversary here. It holds so many wonderful memories for all of us and by celebrating our 35th anniversary here, we will make more memories. This is the view from our deck.

As soon as we get here and unpack we head out to the beach for a walk and a dip. It is tradition, we do it on each of our trips.

So, here's to us and our 35 years of married life. It has been a crazy ride and we are still hanging on and having fun together. I guess that is what happens when you marry your best friend!

Cheers!







No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails