Sunday, June 26, 2011

26 miles on the Bugline

Yesterday, Saturday, John and I took the 26 mile ride on the Bugline from Merton to Menomonee Falls. It was a picture perfect day for biking with a bit of a cool breeze and sunny skies. Here I am at the trailhead in Merton ready to start the journey. We always stop at this park to use the bathroom.

We had forgotten our water bottles, so we made a stop at a gas station to purchase some water.

We made it to the other end of the trail! Now we just had to ride back.




There were some puddles and wet areas in the wooded portion of the trail and when I drove through the puddles they sprayed up on to my shirt. It reminded me of the day we did the Military Ridge trail last year and we were covered in the gritty stuff. So bad that I had to shower off in a bathroom in Mount Horeb. Luckily, this was nothing near as bad as that!



On our way back, we treated ourselves to a yogurt parfait and ice water at McDonald's. Those parfaits are so yummy.

My friend, Angie gave me a bike bag filled with wipes, anti bacterial soap, band-aids, etc. She gifted me this when I posted about that Mount Horeb experience so that I would be more prepared in case of gritty, grimy conditions. So, after this ride, I used one of the wipes to clean up a bit. Thanks, Angie!


John and I are really hoping to do more biking this summer and we think we are off to a great start! Let's hope we can keep it up now.

















No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails