Saturday, June 18, 2011

Take me back to the Island

Sea Wolf, see note below.




We aren't even home from our vacation yet and I am already searching through the rental books to try and find our next home on the beach. John and I always enjoy driving around the Island (this time on our bikes) and checking out all of our former "homes." To document these houses, I am posting them here. This was our first house, Angel Share. We lived there in July 1997 on our first trip to the Island. We had originally wanted to rent Sea Urchin, but at the last minute that home changed owners and the realty company gave us Angel Share. It was a great fun home for the four of us.






On our second trip in July 1998 we rented Abode to Knight Lights. It was a beautiful home. In recent years a big, tall house has been built in front of it and it is no longer beach front, but now beachside.






Our third home in August 1999 Sea Wolf. (Picture was accidentally deleted but I wil post at the top) My mom joined us for this trip and she, too fell in love with the Island.





In February, 2002, we took our first trip to the Island in Winter and stayed in Take Five. It was cool, but still a fun trip. That was just John and I celebrating our 25 anniversary.






In August 2002, John and I rented this cute little pink house called Wild Dunes. That was another fun trip.







In May 2003, Courtney, Paul, John and I rented Seaplace 5. I believe that is when talk of an engagement and wedding took place.






In May of 2004 our family and many friends came to the Island for Courtney and Paul's wedding which took place at Cloud Nine.












In Dec. 2004, John and I spent New's Year's Eve on the Island at Seaplace 8-sorry no picture, but it looks just like Seaplace 5. It was too cold down there in December and I don't think we would return at that time of the year again.






In July 2005, we were supposed to rent American Pie (no picture) Mallory, Pam, Alissa, Nathan, and my mom were joining us, but Hurricane Dennis had other plans for the Island and for our vacation. I had one week to find us another place due to the bridge being closed, so I found a beautiful home on Cape San Blas. We did not like it as much as the Island, but it was sitll a fun vacation despite many mosquitoes and frogs.






In April 2006 we stayed for four days and nights at the Buccaneer Inn. Not as fancy as a home, but still very nice.






In June 2007 we stayed at Margaritaville with my mom, Mallory, Courtney, and Paul and then again in June 2009 we celebrated Courtney and Paul's 5th anniversary in Margaritaville with mom, Mal, and us. Courtney, Paul, and Tizita were in a house behind ours and Paul's family was just up the beach. It was a fun celebration.







And finally this time, we stayed at Seaplace 7. It was a perfect place for John and I since we liked being so close to everything. We walked or rode our bikes all over the Island.






So, I am busy marking my favorite homes in the rental books for our next trip to St. George. It cannot come soon enough for me.
























No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails