Tuesday, September 10, 2013

School is in full swing

I have been back in the classroom with my 2/3K and 4K kids for a week now.
In some ways it feels like I  never left, but there is that excitement of being able to mold this group of students to fit my idea of the Perfect class.
Of course, that will never happen, but I enjoy the challenge.
Here are a few of the fun things we have been doing during these first few days.
 Soliana came to school again on Monday.
Of course, I need to feature her in a few photos here.
For just turning two in July, she does a fabulous job of listening and participating.
And she loves her snacks!
 We talked about circles this week.
We painted circles, drew pictures with circles, and danced with circles.
Here Soli is being a sleeping kitty on her circle.
 The kids love the circle dance.
 Since the parachute is a big circle we had to use that this week, too.
What child doesn't love a parachute?
 I bought a bunch of glasses at the dollar store and put them in the library area.
The kids seem to really enjoy wearing them as they read the books.
 More parachute fun.
 More dancing on circles.
And another cutie with reading glasses on.
In my classroom we have fun, we act silly, we giggle, and we play.
In amongst all of that, we still manage to learn, to pray, to love, and to forgive.
I think my classroom is a magical place!
I really love being back there.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails