Tuesday, September 17, 2013

What do you call a post that has no main topic and is all over the place?

I don't know what to call this post.
I have a feeling it will cover many topics.
Let's just go with it and see where it takes us.
 
Sunflowers

This year, I decided to plant a row of sunflowers in our garden.
We had a bumper crop of tomatoes, cukes, and these sunflowers.
Not sure what to do with them now that they are drying up and falling over, but they were very pretty for little while.
Next year, no sunflowers, been there, done that.
 
Dress up

Here is my sweet little Soliana dressed up in one of Mallory's old Halloween costumes.
I remember how cute Mal was in this costume back when she was three and now to see how cute Soli is in it just makes my heart happy.
 
Back to Walking
John is enjoying his new work.
He especially enjoys the nice short commute.
He now gets home by 4:40 as compared to 5:50 from his old commute.
I will be the first to admit that it took me a good week to adjust to having him home so early.
I blame the fact that it was my first week of school, too, and there is stress that goes along with that without a husband who is now home an hour earlier than I am used to.
We have now found our groove and have been enjoying a nice, long walk as soon as he gets home.
My mileage app on my phone was really screwed up tonight.  Luckily John had his phone, too, which was keeping track of our mileage correctly.
I cannot complain about my phone because it made us look like star power walkers.
According to my phone we were walking a mile in less than 13 minutes which while very commendable, is certainly not doable by the likes of us.
The mileage counter was so far off, too, I watched the hundredths of a mile just click on at record speed.
It was both bizarre and amazing at the same time.
At any rate, we actually walked 4.25 miles in just over one hour and we did not walk 4.65 miles in an hour as my phone indicated.
I am looking forward to walking on a regular basis.
We plan to bike ride next week, but right now the bikes are buried in our rummage in the garage.
 
School News
School is moving along swimmingly this year so far.
I love having Soli there with  me one day a week.
 She brings such a sweetness to my classroom.
Her smile is full of sunshine.

We have been doing so many fun things in school already this year.
The parachute is always a favorite activity!

We have also had fun with shaving cream and we fingerpainted.
I am so proud of myself because I have done this so early in the year and I plan to do it much more this year.
It is messy, but it is so good for their fine motor development and they love it so much.
My favorite part of the day is Jesus circle time.
I love sharing Bible stories with the kids and knowing that I am helping them learn about their Savior.
I love knowing that if, God forbid, something happened to one of them, they would go to heaven.
Our theme this year is:
Walking with Jesus and I love this poster I found of pinterest.
 
I  should end on that perfect note,
but I will end on  my obsession that is:
Candy Crush
I have been playing candy crush for quite sometime now.
I usually play a game for awhile, get bored, or am unable to pass a level at which time I quit, but candy crush is different.
I am hooked,
I need to crush candy.
I used to have two farms, one in Farmville and one in whatever the other farm game was, see I can't even remember.
Those two farms were taking up so much of my time.
They were really driving me crazy.
I could not keep up with the planting, watering, feeding, I had to quit cold turkey one day.
Funny thing is, I never really missed it.
I wonder if I would miss candy crush if I gave that up.
Who knows?
 
Well, that is what I am sharing today.
Back to one topic next time I post.
 
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails