Thursday, June 4, 2009

A few unrelated thoughts

Last night John and I rode our bikes to Walmart. I needed a few baking items for the bars I will be making to take along to Florida with us next week. It was a good ride. I like the fact that my legs are getting so much stronger and the hills are less challenging! Anyway, back to Walmart. We got brave and used the self serve checkout. It went very smoothly and we both felt very proud of ourselves! After all we are college graduates!

My next item to share is my book. I am now published, although my book isn't for sale anywhere and never will be. Courtney and Paul had the first six months of my blog published ( I am not the proper terminology is "published" but I like to use that word because I always wanted to publish a book). It is a gift that I had asked for because I look forward to sharing it with Tizita when she gets older. It is a record of the months from the time we learned her name, sex, and age until we met her getting off the airplane. I just love reading it and reliving that time of my life.

This is the cover of my book.


Here is one of my favorite pictures. It is hard to believe that I took this beautiful photo.

It is amazing to me to read my words printed in such a beautiful book with all of my photos in it, too. Just a precious gift!

And here is that beautiful face as we saw it that first night when she got off the plane and came home!
I just want to thank Courtney and Paul for this wonderful gift. I will read it often and look forward to sharing it with my sweet Tizita!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Good to hear you and John mastered the self-checkout with little difficulty. Clay and I always use the self checkout at the store, even when we have cart fulls. I like to scan and he does a great job bagging. Anyways..... the book is AWESOME!!! I know you and the whole fam will cherish it forever. It's amazing to see home much Tizu has grown since she came home.

Courtney and Paul said...

Glad you like it. I thought it turned out really well and, yes, you are a PUBLISHED author (self-published, but published).

Verna said...

Love the book cover.
What a great way to keep memories alive.

madj said...

The book is truely one of our most prized possesions. I am very glad you kept such a good record of things and that C & P put the blog into book form.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails