Monday, June 8, 2009

A shout out to my friend Verna

Verna and I met when we took Alissa to college for the first time. My nerves were on edge worrying about many things that lay ahead for my youngest daughter as we left her at her college of choice. One of my most immediate concerns was about her roommate and how they would get along. Well, long story short, Kim was heaven picked for Alissa. From the moment I laid eyes on her I knew Alissa would be alright. Kim would see to it! I was right, Kim and Alissa became fast friends and are still as close as they were in college. Now back to Verna. She is Kim's wonderful mom and I am grateful to her for the terrific daughter she raised and shared with our family. She has also shared her talents with our family through things she has made:This was her wedding gift to Alissa and Nathan. What a beautiful quilt all handmade by Verna with lots of love! I took this picture this past weekend of the quilt on Alissa and Nathan's bed.And this is Tizu with the dolls that Verna lovingly made for her. She even used the perfect shade of brown yarn to match Tizu's beautiful skin! We played with the dolls when we were together this past weekend.

Verna also made Tizu a cute Dora quilt and pillow which she uses in her bed. I forgot to take a photo of it, but I will say that Dora is one of her favorite characters along with Elmo, so good choice Verna.
I just wanted to take this chance to send out a sincere Thank you to Verna for her gifts to this family. They are much appreciated and enjoyed.

3 comments:

Verna said...

Thanks Sherri, And it does my heart good to see that your family is using them, and enjoying them. Not just setting them on a shelf to look at.

It is a pleasure for me to be counted as one of your friends!

I am so glad the girls roomed together in college and have remained best friends!

Kim said...

Alissa and I still joke that we are the only freshman year roommates that are still friends. Wesleyan definitely got this pairing right and although Lissa jokes she wants to get rid of me (at times), she is stuck with me forever!! I am so glad to know her entire WONDERFUL family too!!

madj said...

Wonderful family, Kim? Wow, thanks. You were good for Alissa.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails