Saturday, September 25, 2010

New shoes, broken laptop and other tidbits

When John was laid off, both of us had our list of items that we wanted to purchase when he returned to work. My list included:
  1. A big tip to my terrific hair stylist, Rachel at Domani
  2. A trip to Dave and Buster's for some serious skee ball
  3. Paying a St. John's student's tuition for a year

John's list included:

  1. Two new garden hoses
  2. A new grill
  3. A reversible black/brown belt

You may have noticed that a new pair of shoes and a new starter switch for my laptop were not included on my list, but they are things that I have or will be purchasing.

The shoes are those new toner walking shoes with the funky souls. I have wanted a pair ever since Sketchers came out with them, but at a cost of over $100.00 that wasn't going to be happening until we got a 30% off coupon at Kohl's. First time we have ever gotten one for 30%, could not let that one go unused. The toner tennis shoes were all on sale, so I bought a Fila brand that looked pretty darn close to the expensive Sketcher brand. John also got a new pair of walking shoes and together we got both pairs for less than $60.00. We are feeling pretty good about that and we will be looking fancy when we take our walks now.

I was so excited to try my new shoes. Disappointed that in order to tone one's legs you actually have to walk in the shoes, not just wear them while relaxing. HA, just a joke, I really knew that. When I first walked in them, I was feeling a bit on the wobbly side, but I got used to them and my legs actually felt the workout as I walked. I think I am going to like them.

Now back to the wish lists, time to get going on a few of those other items. John's are more practical and cheaper so his may come first.

And last but not at all least, my starter button no longer works so John took my laptop into our local computer store. The guy charged John $20.00 to super glue the button back on. Well, if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. The computer would not turn on so it is back in the shop. I was using a nail file to get the switch to connect and turn on, but even that has failed me since the super glue fix.

Wish me luck on the computer.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails